What are these buttons called?

Simsy 16:36 11 Oct 2005

Hi folks... I'm having a blank moment...

I've been tasked with trying to write what might be decribed as an idiots guide to using a PC. ("Windows for the terrified" was how my boss described it)...

It's quite a task trying to decide what to include and what terminology to avoid, but I do want to use the correct terminology, with explanation. Ther will subsequently be a "teaching" session with what I'm writing as the guide...

The crux of the question...

The buttons at the top of a window, where you can minimise, restore or maximise... What are they called. I'm tempted to call them the "resizing" buttons, but i'm sure it, as a toolbar has a "correct" name, but I just can't think of it.

Anyone know the answer, or am I dreaming, and there isn't one?

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

SANTOS7 16:38 11 Oct 2005

The buttons are minimize button, maximize button, close button, answered your own question really...

Simsy 16:42 11 Oct 2005

but I'm sure they, collectively have a name... that is the three buttons effectively form a toolbar, and that toolbar has a name... I think.

Thant's what I'm after, or someone to confirm that there isn't such a name.

thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

SANTOS7 16:47 11 Oct 2005

toolbar buttons, can't get any more technical than that and i don't think you need to if you are going to explain what they are where they are and what they do it would be best to stick to the simplest description.

bremner 16:48 11 Oct 2005

Have Googled this - they are just known as Santos has described - nowhere have I seen a collective name for them.

SANTOS7 16:51 11 Oct 2005

Maybe its about time they did then!

bremner 16:57 11 Oct 2005

How about

"Them three buttons like"

SANTOS7 17:00 11 Oct 2005

Well its a start, sorry Simsy..

TonyV 17:04 11 Oct 2005

Or, Top RHS Buttons!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:05 11 Oct 2005

Simsy its already been written have alokk click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:10 11 Oct 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?