WGA trying to connect to internet

hiwatt 09:57 12 Oct 2007

Hi folks,I know this is windows genuine advantage but my comodo firewall is asking me if I want to let it through saying it me be tring to connect to the internet.Should I let it through?What is it it's trying to do?Thanks.

birdface 11:11 12 Oct 2007

I would let it through or maybe it will stop you from downloading programs or up-dates from Microsoft.

hiwatt 11:41 12 Oct 2007

Ok thanks.I denied it entry but I'll let it through the next time.Thanks.

ambra4 03:20 13 Oct 2007

Go to this site and download and run on computer

All your update will still download and install, it just remove the WGA files, (Microsoft Spyware) which tell bill all about you PC OS

click here

hiwatt 10:58 13 Oct 2007

Thanks for the link.I downloaded and ran it and it said WGA had sucessfully been removed but it's still listed in my add/remove programs.Does this mean it's still active?Thanks.

ambra4 13:20 13 Oct 2007

Yes it still active, as you will need when you download programs from Microsoft, what you have remove is the phone home feature

Take a read that this site and look at this section Criticisms

I remove it about 2 years from all my personal and company computers and still get all the updates for 2000, XP, server 2003

So don't make it a problem just another bill way to make more money as bill want you to buy a new software disc for every computer you have So if you have 10 pc you must buy 5 programs

click here

Read this Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is a spyware.

click here

hiwatt 15:27 13 Oct 2007

Thanks very much ambra4.

ambra4 15:43 13 Oct 2007

My pleasure always glad to help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone