w/explorer password manager

bonmol 17:51 26 Jun 2010

hi,as a longtime FIREFOX user,i am playing with explorer,for a change,but dont seem to be able to find a good ,free password manager like Sxipper,or Lastpass,any advise,
PS, are there any real good points to w/e,or is it i,m just not "into it"

Clapton is God 18:02 26 Jun 2010

Am I missing the point?

What exactly are you trying to do the Windows Explorer which requires a password?

Sea Urchin 18:04 26 Jun 2010

I presume you mean Internet Explorer?

tullie 18:38 26 Jun 2010

Do you mean windows explorer,as indicated in your title,or internet explorer.Dont know where any password is involved.

bonmol 18:40 26 Jun 2010

sorry for the typo, INTERNET EXPLORER was meant ,none of the e/mail-accounts,remembers it,s username or password/

bonmol 18:56 26 Jun 2010

sorry for the typo, INTERNET EXPLORER was meant ,none of the e/mail-accounts,remembers it,s username or password/

tullie 18:59 26 Jun 2010

You dont need a password to use Internet Explorer,what are you using for this thread?

Sea Urchin 19:10 26 Jun 2010

bonmol is referring to IE offering to remember passwords for various sites.

To check if it is in operation open IE and go to Tools - Internet Options - Content tab - and against Autocomplete click Settings. Click the box beside "Prompt me to save passwords" and also tick box above "User names and passwords on forms". Click OK.

bonmol 20:31 26 Jun 2010

you got it, sea urchin,im trying I/E 64bit,in windows 7, ive been all over the page and cannot find tools,

bonmol 20:43 26 Jun 2010

yippy,got it,right hand click on toolbar to get options,its been a long time since i messed about with thing like this,,,,one forgets

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017