w/explorer password manager

bonmol 17:51 26 Jun 2010

hi,as a longtime FIREFOX user,i am playing with explorer,for a change,but dont seem to be able to find a good ,free password manager like Sxipper,or Lastpass,any advise,
PS, are there any real good points to w/e,or is it i,m just not "into it"

Clapton is God 18:02 26 Jun 2010

Am I missing the point?

What exactly are you trying to do the Windows Explorer which requires a password?

Sea Urchin 18:04 26 Jun 2010

I presume you mean Internet Explorer?

tullie 18:38 26 Jun 2010

Do you mean windows explorer,as indicated in your title,or internet explorer.Dont know where any password is involved.

bonmol 18:40 26 Jun 2010

sorry for the typo, INTERNET EXPLORER was meant ,none of the e/mail-accounts,remembers it,s username or password/

bonmol 18:56 26 Jun 2010

sorry for the typo, INTERNET EXPLORER was meant ,none of the e/mail-accounts,remembers it,s username or password/

tullie 18:59 26 Jun 2010

You dont need a password to use Internet Explorer,what are you using for this thread?

Sea Urchin 19:10 26 Jun 2010

bonmol is referring to IE offering to remember passwords for various sites.

To check if it is in operation open IE and go to Tools - Internet Options - Content tab - and against Autocomplete click Settings. Click the box beside "Prompt me to save passwords" and also tick box above "User names and passwords on forms". Click OK.

bonmol 20:31 26 Jun 2010

you got it, sea urchin,im trying I/E 64bit,in windows 7, ive been all over the page and cannot find tools,

bonmol 20:43 26 Jun 2010

yippy,got it,right hand click on toolbar to get options,its been a long time since i messed about with thing like this,,,,one forgets

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?