Western Digital Hard Drive Problem Message

Migwell 11:55 19 Jan 2004

I have a Western Digital 60 Gig hard drive. Things got so bad with crashing. and hard drive not being found when booting up that I formatted it and went for a clean install of Win XP Pro. The drive has formatted and I started to put Win XP Pro in. At one point after the system coppies the new Windows files to the drive it needs to re-boot. At this point all I get is a blue screen with whit white letters saying (STOP: c0000221 unknown hard error\systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll) end of message what is going on? is the hard drive dead or dying? When I boot from another drive I can see the Western and all the Windows files I have just put on to it but it still will not go through the boot process.

I managed to extract all my working files from it even though it was acting up the other day, by booting from my other drive and and making a coppy from It.

Any Ideas will be most welcome. The Drive in question was a replacement for a Maxtor that went wrong and was replaced, and can only be six months old at best.

Regards Migwell

Gongoozler 12:08 19 Jan 2004

Does this help - click here

Migwell 15:18 19 Jan 2004

Thank you Gongzooler

Had a look at this but I would still like to know how to get rid of it so I can Re-install windows XP I have formatted and installed twice up to now and still I am no further on

Giant68 16:45 19 Jan 2004

I had the same problem with a WD 40GB drive. In the end I sent it back to Western Digital and they sent me a replacement. Check out their website for return info. It had to go back to Germany but within a week I had the replacement.

Giant68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone