Were is rip on windows 7

jade25 18:05 17 Oct 2010

Another day sorting windows 7out, can't
find rip on media player for my music and media centre won't do anything as each time l start it comes up with invalid.
This laptop is very near to going back to tesco, had two weeks of stress, give me back vista and peace.

john bunyan 18:11 17 Oct 2010

Don't give up - W7 is much better!! I use iTunes for ripping, but I opened Windows media Player for the first time today. I clicked on Organise, then Options, then on the Rip Music tab. ... Come back if it does not work.

john bunyan 18:16 17 Oct 2010

Re Media Centre. I assume you have Windows Home Premium or above?
See here:
click here

jade25 22:00 17 Oct 2010

When l saw the word options l thought thats the word as microsoft was saying that and l bounced over and options is not there, l had looked there before in fact have looked everywhere but was so disapointed this time. I tried over and over but there was only four things not greyed out but options or rip wasn't there.
Have had this l/top 3 weeks and its been one problem after another, only got pictures and color yesterday. But thanks for the help

john bunyan 22:17 17 Oct 2010

Sorry, but please mention each step.1 Start,2 All Programmes, 3 Left click Windows Media Player. Does it launch? If so accept reccomended settings in box that opens. Then in menu bar of WMP left click on Organise. Then in drop down box left click Options, then click on Rip Music.Could you say what happens at each stage of the above?

northumbria61 23:34 17 Oct 2010

Use Windows Media CENTER and follow these instructions - click here

Stick with Windows 7 Jade - Works much better and more secure - you'll get there in the end. Rome wasn't built in a day !

robin_x 08:14 18 Oct 2010

W7 gets my vote. But it's a slight learning curve.

Browse these sites:

click here

click here

click here

jade25 11:03 18 Oct 2010

Thanks for getting back and thanks for links. John l do it exactly how you said but l noiced one thing different. I have only had the box come up the first time l put a cd in the laptop. That got me to rip 3 cds as clicked it in the box. Went to do somehing else came back and had lost box and rip,
Jade

john bunyan 13:15 18 Oct 2010

I am not sure as I do not actually use it.ITunes is free and I use that - how do you usually play the MP3s you rip? Maybe you would find iTunes easier. Maybe someone will suggest a repair install.

jade25 14:23 18 Oct 2010

Have found rip, what l was doing before was clicking on music from start and that page has organize but no options or rip when you open it.
This time l clicked media player and straight away it was there. With not getting the small box coming up and asking what l wanted to do, except for the first time it threw me.
Thanks to you all for helping me. Have saved all the links as well.
Dare l ask you something else. I saved all my pictures on a memory stick and they were all in groups, my paintings and family ones but since l loaded them onto this laptop there all mixed up which looks terrible and you have to search through all the dates, have been told that you can't drag but there must be away of sorting them out.

jade25 14:26 18 Oct 2010

Sorry for putting names on my last posting,realised to late when it had gone, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone