Were can I download Outlook?

golfpro 12:48 12 Jan 2007

I have MS Outlook that came with a very old copy of MS office. I don't use the Office utilities only Outlook (for its contacts, Calender and Mobile sync). I would like to remove the Office program (it takes up a lot of space), and just keep Outlook, but if I delete Office it takes Outlook with it. How can I download just Outlook on its own.

Diodorus Siculus 13:01 12 Jan 2007

Most versions of Office will allow you to install any of the components - thus you can uninstall Office and then install jsut outlook. How you go about it depends on the version you have.

terryf 13:03 12 Jan 2007

Have you considered Open Office? click here

Diodorus Siculus 13:03 12 Jan 2007

By the way, you cannot download Outlook from the net - it has to be purchased.

Eric10 13:11 12 Jan 2007

In 'Add Remove programs' there is usually a 'Change' button and a 'Remove' button. Clicking 'Change' gives you a setup type screen where you should be able to untick everything except Outlook and then the uninstall should remove everything except Outlook. If you've already uninstalled the whole Office suite then choose a custom install and you can select what to install and what to leave off.

golfpro 13:38 12 Jan 2007

I have looked at Open Office and like it, but does it have a contacts, calender and Mobile sync utility that will do the same job as MS Outlook. I don't think it has.

golfpro 13:45 12 Jan 2007

Also I have a few files which were written in Word, if I do delete Word (which I can do in Add and remove programs function I see), what will happen when I want to open these files?

[email protected] 14:12 12 Jan 2007

Simple - you won't be able to ;-)

Dipso 14:34 12 Jan 2007

Open Office will open Word files but you could also open them with Word Viewer.

Eric10 16:39 12 Jan 2007

Link to Word Viewer 2003 as mentioned by Dipso. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017