WEP/WPA wireless connectivity

oldun11 19:24 20 Oct 2007

After updating router to WPA due to security issues with WEP I cannot get wifi connection on my hp iPAQ h4000. Does anyone know if I can covert to WPA connection and how to go about it?

Strawballs 22:54 20 Oct 2007

If you right click on the wireless icon near the clock on the task bar and choose view avaliable networks then choose yours it should tell you that it is WPA encrypted and when you try to connect you will have to enter your encryption password.

Ashrich 22:02 21 Oct 2007

I think you need to update the ROM in your iPAQ to Windows Mobile 2003 SE , you can download the update from the HP web site , then it should support WPA encryption , or it can then be added via an updated driver .

Ashley

Ashrich 22:19 21 Oct 2007

Further digging seems to suggest that if you are running Rom v1.10.xx or later then the update isn't needed , you can just download the Rom update for WPA , if you do need the Windows 2003 SE update then back up EVERYTHING , as it wipes the old stuff off completely .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?