Welcome window disabled by mlrgina.dll

BELSEY 21:14 13 Dec 2005

I have bought a new computer and have completed file and settings transfer / loading of all applications from old system seemingly without problem but now---
Wanting to get rid of the log on screen and use the XP welcome screen, I went to Control Panel / User accounts/Change way etc and I get 'A recently installed prog has disabled welcome screen and fast user switching. The following file will help identify the prog- mlrgina.dll'
A search reveals this file is located in WINDOWS\system32 and is described in properties as 'an application extension opening with an unknown application. This module is part of KeyboardControlSDK and is attributed to Meliora software' It cannot be deleted. Can anyone please help?

VoG II 21:16 13 Dec 2005

Try click here to delete it.

BELSEY 22:36 13 Dec 2005

Tried as suggested but 'Access denied 'following delete command

VoG II 22:38 13 Dec 2005

Try again in Safe Mode click here

BELSEY 22:38 13 Dec 2005

TRied as suggested but 'ACCESS DENIED' following delete command

BELSEY 22:38 13 Dec 2005

Tried as suggested but 'ACCESS DENIED' following delete command

VoG II 22:39 13 Dec 2005

Try Remove on Reboot click here

BELSEY 14:57 14 Dec 2005

Sorry but my PC and the PCadvisor web site were not getting on together last night and it kept dropping me out, hence three identical responses.
I have yet to try your safe mode suggestion. Thanks for your help so far. I'll be back!

BELSEY 15:30 15 Dec 2005

File deleted but PC will not now boot as it needs that file. Will repair boot cfg / XP tonight

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017