Welcome Screen in Win 10 Computer Name

iscanut 16:05 02 Sep 2015
Answered

In spite of my computer having a name ( my own ) it still comes up as Owner at the point of showing the Window and Welcome. I know it sounds vain, but how can I change the word "Owner" to the name that I have named my PC.

chub_tor 17:39 02 Sep 2015
  iscanut 19:30 02 Sep 2015

Thanks for reply but having already done all that, my name still comes up as Owner and nothing I do changes it on the Windows 10 Welcome screen. It is not important, but just one of these little niggles that I would like to get to the bottom of.

chub_tor 22:27 02 Sep 2015

The name that comes up on the Welcome screen is not the name of the computer but your account name. Read this article on how to change it

iscanut 10:07 03 Sep 2015

Thanks again, but have also done that. Whatever I name my Microsoft account, the name Owner still comes up. I will not persevere as it is not worth wasting any more time, but the mystery remains.

iscanut 12:19 08 Oct 2015

For anyone that might be interested, I have found out how to change my name. Go into Task Manager, select Users, right click on Owner ( or name ) and then select manage user accounts, then change account name. Done. I know it's no big deal, but yet another small niggle sorted out.

chub_tor 14:45 08 Oct 2015
Answer

Thanks for letting us know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone