weird problem with internet explorer

steerstuffer 05:40 12 Apr 2008

I have a Dell running Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6.0. Under my husbands login setting, he appears to be connected to the internet because he can download email just fine. When he gets into Internet Explorer he goes no where. He gets a "This page cannot be displayed" message on every web site he wants to go to. Sometimes he gets a "Internet Exploreer could not open the search page" message. I went to Tools/Diagnose Connection Problems and it gives me this message, "Windows has detecte a connection problem between the computer and the modem." It says to check the connections and they are all just fine. They weird thing is under my settings and my daughters settings everyhting works great. We can surf to any web page and get no trouble messages. I ran antivirus and my all my updates are current. What is going on under my husbands settings?

skidzy 07:10 12 Apr 2008

Though i doubt there is a problem with IE6,try running this repair tool first click here

If no joy with the above,briefly disable your firewall and try to access a web page again.This could simply be an update to the firewall that is blocking access.Same goes for the Antivirus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone