weird problem

iashem 18:34 18 Mar 2006

when i open "my pictures folder" i have all my files set to be viewed as thumbnails i also have done some housekeeping and created some folders for certain photos these folders have always shown 4 thumbnails inside the folder tonight some of the folders have now got a blue surround i have about 35% normal and the rest with this blue surround anybody got any ideas

VoG II 18:57 18 Mar 2006

Are they compressed folders click here

iashem 20:04 18 Mar 2006

no this has'nt solved the problem

wbiggchiefy 20:11 18 Mar 2006

strange! what else have you done in the meantime on your PC which could possiblt have affected the folder - more info the better - as the one thing you think will not have affected anything will 9/10 times be the cause.

Chiefy

iashem 20:14 18 Mar 2006

i just opened 1 of the folders and found a file named folder the icon has a blue background and 4 thumbnails on it, "it is a hidden file" i deleted it and everything went back to normal i did this with every other folder and everything seems to be back to normal, i still dont understand what happened originally to cause this

iashem 20:21 18 Mar 2006

i really don't know what i have done as this machine is used less now that we've got a laptop i dont remember installing anything, but as my above response mentioned the folders effected had a file titled "folder" the unaffected folders didn't have this file i don't know what happened but it was a supprisingly simple solution

wbiggchiefy 20:33 18 Mar 2006

try running "ewido" anyway just in case and also do a full antivirus scan with your chosen anti-virus software.
Personally I (and I don't want to scare you) would not be comfortable with any changes on my PC that I have not made myself -
ewido is available free on click here

Chiefy

iashem 20:37 19 Mar 2006

i ran a full virus scan and anti spyware check and no virus or spyware i have NIS 2005 installed and upto date

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?