Weird pc boosting problem need to unplug and plug

akekarerk 16:12 05 Jun 2017

Hi to PC gurus

Recently my pc has been acting weird, let me explain the situation in steps

I use my pc as normal everyday but this just happened

I turn my pc on and once I turn it off and try to start it up again it will just shut down immediately, like not even 0.5 sec that the led lights shows up and so I try pulling the plug out and leave it for 10-20sec, plug it back in and it would start up and be able to use my pc as normal but once I turn it off again it won't boot up until I pull out the plug and repeat the process of pulling the plug out and wait 10-20 secs again.

could it be that the mainboard is faulty? or power supply is old?

Thanks in advance!

Ake

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 05 Jun 2017

power off unplug

press and hold power button for 30 seconds.

reconnect power and boot up.

see if that solves the problem.

q33ny 11:42 06 Jun 2017

It could be something with the PSU. I've experience the same problem with my PC after 2 weeks in holiday and after a few restarts like this for the course of 2-3 hours it started working again. It started by restarting after 5s and gradually worked up till it staid on. In my situation I suspect the PSU but didn't get the time to change it as it work OK :)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires