weird numbers on my desktop

ole1999 14:36 28 Jul 2005

Hello guys

Every so often i am getting 3 numbers in the top left hand corner of the screen ( in black ), like 394, 396 etc etc, they stay for a as long as i click in the area and they then disappear.

Would appreciate any help as to what these might be.

Thank you

ole1999 19:11 29 Jul 2005

Hello everyone

I did post this yesterday but it was the morning so i don't think many saw it.

These numbers have appeared again today,i have found a few errors and i have run my virus and
Turned system restore off and also scanned in safe mode( found 9 errors ),i turned system restore back on and scanned again( found 4 errors ), and still found some more errors.

Not sure if these have anything to do with a virus or not, but my machine is just not running that great, i have used spybot, ad-ware, escan, and giant anti-spyware, found a few problems but they always seem to come back after every time i use them, and these numbers are freaking me out!

I am using xp, would be grateful for any help

Thank you

mattyc_92 19:45 29 Jul 2005

Try the scans in safe mode so you can remove all they find...

Also try (in normal mode and after you have done the scans again) going to "Start->Run" and typing in "sfc /scannow" (without the quotations and note the space between "sfc" and "/")

Hope this helps.

mark-261183 19:46 29 Jul 2005

Hi,I to have a similar problem the following three short cut appear on my desktop when my internet start to play up & then denies access.

They are as follows: 293322, 31242705 & 51757006.

i have deleted them several time only for them to return at some point whilst on the net?

My virus checker says there ok? & that they are not spyware either?

They are a real pain can you help.

Cheers

woodchip 19:59 29 Jul 2005

Try this click here

mattyc_92 20:02 29 Jul 2005

Please start your own thread on your problem or keep an eye out on what is happening on this one. If this thread doesn't help, create your own thread.

Tried what I have suggested as it may help you.

PS. I forgot to say in my last post that you may need your Windows XP installation disk for the run command.

ole1999 20:53 29 Jul 2005

mattyc_92

I did all you suggested, and the "sfc /scannow" "windows file protection" took around 20 mins, it didn't come up with anything, just ended, not sure if it was suppose to let me know if there was any problems or not, it just finished!

woodchip

I did the scan and it did find 8 malware problems, i am not sure if the free version with remove them or i have to purchase the full version to remove them all!

Thanks for the help guys, i will see how i get on and keep you all posted.
much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?