Weed out words? part 2

tnelis 16:13 06 Apr 2004

In Excel I am using data/filter/autofilter to filter my long list of words, one per row...trouble is my Excel the colums are only 60,000 rows deep, and my word list is 1,500,000, This means I have to break my list into 26 seperate lists. This makes filtering very laborious....Filtering works on only one column at a time, so I can't do many columns on one sheet....Any ideas please?

118-118 Got Your Number 16:22 06 Apr 2004

I can't see anyway around this. Sounds like you've got the whole Oxford Dictionery in there.

tnelis 17:21 06 Apr 2004

How about using MS Access instead of Excel? Can anyone please give me a little bit of a kick start.....how do I begin this job in Access that started in Excel?

118-118 Got Your Number 23:18 06 Apr 2004

Open Access and import the spreadsheets into a table.

However you will still need to filter your text in Access; This is easier than Word but not as easy as Excel.

The problem still remains that you have over a million records to check. That is going to be one mother of a database. Some mid-sized companies don't have DBs that big!

I'm not too hot on Access Text filtering, although trawling through the help files might turn up results.

woodchip 23:31 06 Apr 2004

If you use Quattro Pro 10 or 11You can forget the size basically

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?