wedding website help

SALLY S 22:00 17 Apr 2005

i want to creata a place where wedding guests can access the wedding photos and i can post thankyou notes etc and maybe a video clip or two. wedding websites seem a bit expensive, any ideas ?

could i do it by creating an e-mail address specifically for this purpose and sending photos as attachments which anyone with the username and password could open ? if i did this could i block all incoming mail as it could be viewed by everyone opening the address ?

many thanks

octal 22:58 17 Apr 2005

No one else seems to have an idea at the moment, so perhaps I can kick off.

What about buying yourself a web site? You can then upload all you pictures, video clips and anything really. If you want some of the folders private you can do that by password protecting them and sending the users a password and login name. The cost should be no more than about £30 per year which is the cost of the web site £1.99 per year plus the cost of hosting it. The plus side is, you can use the site for all manner of things as well.

I use Lycos, but there are others who are cheaper, I just use them because they have always given me good service for years click here

pharte 23:10 17 Apr 2005

try using photobucket
i think this is part of yahoo, if it isn't then you have free storage with a yahoo account (free anyway) or someone will mention where to find it shortly.
Also your isp will have given you some free webspace.

wallbash 23:21 17 Apr 2005

Set up a web site , but choose a freebi ,

click here ( as the label on the can says ..... its FREE)

Even suggest a template , go with the one with cherubs.

Bagsey 23:33 17 Apr 2005

There are many free photo storage sites available and most of them can be made private so that only those people that you invite into the site will be able to see the pictures. click here is one such site another is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?