Wedding template

Richjack 15:07 24 May 2007

Hi all,

I am planning on building a website with Microsoft office Live for my wedding that is taking place overseas this year, so that the folks back home will be able to see photo's and videos of the days events.

I was wondering whether anyone else has built anything similar and could give some hints and tips. I have an idea of what I want to achieve, but I am open to suggestions and guidance, as I am quiet inexperienced in designing websites.

Thank you

R

fitshase 06:55 25 May 2007

For the photos you can't go wrong with Simpleviewer (click here).

Use it in conjunction with Picassa (click here) and it is a very simple straightforward process to create a gallery.

I use it on my website for photos (click here). Simply install Picassa to manage your photos on your computer. Install the SimpleViewer template and then Picassa will automatically create the web pages for you to upload to your webspace. You can edit the template to make the page look the way you want it to.

As for the videos, it should just be the case of uploading the videos to the webspace and then uploading a web page with hyperlinks to the files.

However, a note of caution. If you are putting videos on the site, they take up space and bandwidth. If a lot of people are going to be accessing them, you may run into extra costs from the website host for the amount of traffic the site is generating.

Richjack 11:07 25 May 2007

Can this be used on the Office Live web building tool? I am having a bit of difficulty trying to get what I want to be honest, I can’t seem to use get any video's on.

Has anyone any experience on Office Live that can spare some expertise?

Cheers

R

imacd 16:23 25 May 2007

Some discussion of Office Live in this thread: click here
Well impressed with the blue tit site by woowoowoo.

imacd 16:39 25 May 2007

click here for the Office Live community/forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone