Webstats

SLIMMERTIF 17:21 23 May 2005

Hi there,

Our web site is hosted by the company that designed it for us and they maintain it as well. I can add products and photo's and also change prices as and when I need. We were advised to got and try Google adwords, and from the enquiries we are receiving it appears to be working!!

My question though is about webstats. So that I can identify who is looking at our site, where they are and what they are looking at - the web hosting co has the webstats there - I just type in our url/webstat and bingo they appear. But.... I don't understand them!! Is there a help page anywhere that I can go and read, or can anyone here help me.

For example : when I click on April for example and look there Total Hits 37813 Total Visits 2074 - what is the difference? what is a hit and what is a visit? Also what is the difference between a hit and a file?

Further down that page there is a set of figures called search strings - what are these and how are they defined?

Total Countries? The top one is US Commercial - we don't offer our goods to the States, but I am thinking that maybe the strap business could be exported there, if there was a market.

Any pointers would sure help.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?