Website won't open in IE

thumbscrew 09:14 19 Jan 2010

I've got one website....and only one so far...that opens in Firefox and Chrome, but not in Internet Explorer. Initially I was getting an on screen "Error 216" warning, but that's not showing any more...it just refuses to open. I did a full Avast scan which found one virus that I deleted...all clear now but it still won't open. Can anyone advise please?

Woolwell 10:56 19 Jan 2010

If you got the virus from that website then I wouldn't try opening it again on any browser.
However try clearing the browser cache (if you have not already done so) - Tools - Internet Options - General tab - click on Delete browsing history and then select temporary internet files.

Kevin-1416101 12:25 19 Jan 2010

you should try this to fix this issue...

start menu>help & support>performance and maintainence
click on using system to undo changes
on the right hand side u will find list of options
select the "Run the system restore wizard"
by default the "restore my computer to an earlier time" option is selected
click next.

For More help <A HREF="click here" title="click here" TARGET="_new"><b>click here</b></A>

thumbscrew 19:16 19 Jan 2010

Thanks all, no Woolwell I didn't get the virus from that site, it's ok. Cheers Jockle, I've already got Malwarebytes, it's not a Spyware problem and yes, I've got Spybot, unsure what you mean by "That could be the problem". kevintechie do you mean run a conventional System Restore? If so I've done that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires