website trouble!

bookwormy 14:37 23 Jan 2007

Hi, I have been using a particular website for sometime(usbornebooks.co.uk)and within the last couple of months i am having trouble with it.What happens is that i enter my login and password which takes me to the next page no problem , but then when i click on anything on that page i get thrown back to the first page again where i have to sign in again.I have rang various places to get help, and so far i have, removed my antivirus software, deleted all cookies and browsing history,installed windows defender and updated java, as you can imagine this is now doing my head in and i cant do my job without access to this site!! please help ill try anything!

howard64 19:31 23 Jan 2007

can you try to subscribe again with your present log in details it might just work.

STREETWORK 19:40 23 Jan 2007

Try and reduce your firewall settings and see if that helps...

baldtaco 19:52 23 Jan 2007

Do you allow session cookies?

bookwormy 20:08 23 Jan 2007

I have now downloaded Firefox and can access my site no problems, this seems to be the only way around it at the moment.Ive tried deleting cookies, updating adobe and removing firewall, so thanks for your suggestions.

Kishore 20:17 23 Jan 2007

Try disabling the 'add-ons' on your Internet Explorer. One of them must be affecting the proper operation of the browser.
I had a problem, not exactly the same but of a similar nature and by doing the procedure above I have cured the problem.
'Manage Add-ons' is under 'Tools' in your Internet brouser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone