Website with shop - cheapest way to upgrade

groundhog99 22:33 14 Nov 2004

I am looking for ideas to upgrade my exisitng site and include an eshop.

I currently have a site hosted by Homestead and built in their sitebuilder, here is the link click here I have several other domains from 1&1 which are linked to the site. This arrangement has worked well for me for a couple of years but I am now looking to add a eshop to the site. My initial thought was to add one from Homestead but unfortubately as it is American the only currency symbol they give is $ - not alot of good for me!

I am not particularly technical (hence me posting here ;-)) although I tend to be able to cope with intuitive packages. I am on a very tiny budget but do not mind spending some money on software if it will do the job!

Sorry for the rambling but on to my problem ...

I think I am now in the position where I need to move my website to another host and re-write it to incorporate the eshop. I'm not too concerned about this as it could probably do with a refresh anyway (although much of the content would stay the same).

My starting questions are:

1. If I use something like Frontpage or Netobjects Fusion do I also need some other software for an eshop? If so what is it? I want the eshop to have the same look and feel as the rest of the website.

2. Is there any other software anyone else would recommend?

3. What sort of features/package do I need from the hosting companies to provide a secure eshop? I've looked at a few but they seem to be written in Swaheli as much as I understand them!

Thank you

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:59 14 Nov 2004

is to open a free paypal premier account and use their merchant tools. That's all I use on my sites.

groundhog99 22:22 15 Nov 2004

thanks for taking the time to reply barryoneoff.

I've just looked through the paypal premier account and the demo they suggest and I think I need a little more.

I really need to be able to categorise my goods (e.g. rockets, selection boxes etc) and ideally with some sort of product search facility (its only when I looked at paypal I realised what else I needed!). The other thing what puts me off paypal is their high credit card fees.

Is there any other product anyone could suggest which would also be suitable for redesigning the rest of the website, or do I need two products, one for the website (maybe FP or NOF) and then an eshop type product

Thanks

spuds 23:20 17 Nov 2004

Will this product be of any help click here com

spuds 23:22 17 Nov 2004

Sorry Typo error click here [forgot the dot :o( ]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?