website query

aksuzbero 13:27 16 Feb 2009

hi guys,
i'm thinking of buying a computer off click here for £400.
but when i add it to my basket and remove all software it is fine. but you can select the quantity of software you want to remove, and it keeps on removing £50. is this a glitch?
next, if i added a processor, would it automatically build the computer with that processsor.
check it out .
thanks

aksuzbero 13:30 16 Feb 2009

blank. could i just pop in my xp disk and install xp?

MAJ 13:57 16 Feb 2009

If you have all the relevant XP drivers for all the hardware contained in the PC, INCLUDING THE sata drivers for the hard drive (if it uses a SATA hard drive). You'll need a floppy disk to install the SATA drivers during the XP installation. If you don't have a floppy drive (external or internal), you'll need to create a "Slipstream" CD containing XP and the SATA drivers, else XP wont see the SATA hard drive.

DieSse 15:31 16 Feb 2009

"....could i just pop in my xp disk and install xp?"

What XP disk do you mean?

If you mean an XP CD, is it already installed on another computer? - Then no the licence is for a single computer only.

Has it already been installed on another computer then taken off? - then if it's an OEM CD, then no, the licence doesn't allow that - if it's a retail CD then you are allowed to swap it to another computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?