Website promotion

glen2409 19:20 16 Feb 2006

Hi,

I hope you can help.

Me and my partner have recently setup our first website for my partners business. We were wondering how it's best to promote the site so it appear fairly high on the popular search engines like google.

Any other help would be appreciated.

The website is click here

scoops 20:26 16 Feb 2006

I have to be honest as I believe it is the best way in the long run.

Before you spend time and effort on promoting the site, I would first put you energies into improving the site.

I think you have made a good start, but as a tool for advertising your partners business it unfortunately just doesn't look professional enough. You seem to have used a common template, spend a bit of time learning some simple html, ideally moving towards cascading style sheets. This will dramatically improve the look of your site. A small bit of education on designing sites can reap you much bigger benefits.

I hate to say it but I wouldn't spend to long browsing the site as it just isn't appealing enough. It is therefore more important to get the site as good as you can before you start trying to drive more people to view it.

ade.h 23:28 16 Feb 2006

The wording needs a major re-work as well. A commercial site must have excellent phraseology with correct grammar and syntax.

mco 23:53 16 Feb 2006

you put your domain name about a bit,spread the word and get people looking at it ( you'll get lots of viewers on pcadvisor alone tonight) Google will eventually find you anyway. See if there are other sites with a holistic theme that will link to you. I would lose the counter at the bottom of the page -by all means view your statistics but do it privately, rather than letting the world see how many have (or haven't ) accessed your site. I think your clock (is it a clock?) is stuck on November 2005 also

mco 23:56 16 Feb 2006

I've just had a look at your code and see you have statcounter installed. A very good free program but you can view all your stats with an invisible counter so go back to the statcounter home page and change the counter to 'invisible. Also, is the November 12 date the date you last edited the site? It doesn't specify; it needs to say what it is if it isn't the time.

glen2409 17:57 17 Feb 2006

Thanks,

I have taken the stat counter off, was advised to use one. Which page is the clock on? On the homepage the date is correct.

mco 18:42 17 Feb 2006

I meant calendar not clock sorry - but it's ok today. You haven't removed statcounter completely have you? Just made it invisible, I hope - because it's a superb program for seeing your stats. I can't see it in your code any more.

glen2409 19:56 17 Feb 2006

The web host, dataflame, have some very good stats program through their control panel so will be using them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone