Website not opening at home,but opens at work

fletchdt 05:43 03 Nov 2009

Ok this has got me really stumped. Im trying to access a website at home, but when i try it comes up with the following message -

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

The strange thing is i can access the website at work no problem. When im at home i can get on through Proxify Proxify® anonymous proxy - surf the Web privately and securely an anonymous web surfing site. But because im not a paying 50$ to become a member on Proxify, i cant really do much once i get on to the site. Also i never have a problem getting on to any other site at home. Just this one.

So it makes me think its something to do with the router settings. I looked in my router settings and i cant see anything it could be thats blocking it. Im using the same laptop at home and work. I use a wireless TP-Link router. Not sure on the model number, but i can find out if needs be.

So if anyone has any ideas id be more than grateful.

Thanks

octal 06:05 03 Nov 2009

If you are going though a proxy the web site might be blocking you because it can't resolve you IP address. I have used proxies before and have found this on some sites. Have you tried not going though the proxy?

fletchdt 06:31 03 Nov 2009

octal, thanks for the reply. How would i stop my connection going through a proxy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?