Website not loading

sp21 21:18 12 Nov 2006

I have recently installed IE 7, I cannot load the Adobe website. I can get to the Adobe store uk home page, but none of the links work. I have enabled popups on the site.
This is happening on both my machines Desktop & Laptop which are networked. The laptop is wireless and the desktop is connected via a BT Voyager 2100 Router. The ISP is tiscali. All worked fine the last time I used the web page during mid October.
I can access the site on a different machine in a different house.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks

Steve

VoG II 21:32 12 Nov 2006

No problem here.

'Revolutionizing how the world engages with ideas and information.'

I was in a brainstorming session last Friday and even I could not have come up with that.

Mine would be 'reads pdf files'.

skidzy 21:48 12 Nov 2006

Baffling me VoG™ !

SP21 can you post the link you cannot access or is click here

sp21 12:57 13 Nov 2006

Hi skidzy,
the link you provided is the one!
All i get is "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page",

Steve

skidzy 15:38 13 Nov 2006

Try this first,click here if no joy try resetting websettings in IE.

OR:

IE7 Tools / Internet Options / General / Tabs settings / Restore default settings.

OR:

IE7 Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset Internet Explorer Settings...you may have to reboot.

sp21 19:47 16 Nov 2006

skidzy,

sorry Ive not replied before I have been away.

I tried your suggestions, nothing worked.

I can get every other website I normally use and all links from them work normally.
I have managed to get to the home page on acouple of occasions but now cannot even get that far!!

Its very frustrating as I want to update my Photoshop software,

Steve

skidzy 20:25 16 Nov 2006

If every site you visit works ok except the home page,i suspect you have a firewall issue.

Check your firewall settings.Here is the link again click here if you can not click the link try typing it into your browser.

www adobe.com/uk/ dont forget the dot.

If still no joy,try Firefox browser (my preferred choice)click here this should help you out for now.

sp21 22:04 16 Nov 2006

I have done all you suggested, even firefox and opera give the same results !!
I am unavailable now until Sunday, so Iam not being rude if anyone posts a reply.

Thanks

Steve

sp21 19:43 22 Feb 2007

Hello all, I still cannot get any joy with the adobe website.
I am using firefox now, and all i get is a message saying timed out. I have tried with My firewall disabled ( Kerio sunbelt ). I use AVG antivirus but have been able to access the website previous to November last year. I am getting quite annoyed with this now. I would appreciate ny further suggestions- thanks.

Steve

skidzy 19:54 22 Feb 2007

Without looking into this and knowing very little regarding your firewall you could try adding the address into the trusted sites within IE7.

In IE7 tools/Internet Options/Security/Trusted sites/Sites/Untick require server authentication and now add the address click here forget the dot/retick the box and close and ok.

Now try to access the site again.

Technotiger 19:59 22 Feb 2007

Hi, I have tried the above links, all work fine for me. I also use Kerio. Have you included the website in the Kerio ecceptions - Site Exceptions in the Website tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017