Website - Hows it look

Micklemass 08:38 23 Jul 2004

Have had good advice in the past so would like some more on my latest and last click here
Have noticed a grey background on the menu at the bottom but struggled to sort it out.

Mick

Gaz 25 10:12 23 Jul 2004

click here

Just open page, right click view source > copy it and paste it into a blank notepad.

Save as index.htm and upload to server.

Images wont work on my server - since they are not placed there, soon as you upload all will work.

Regards,
gareth

Micklemass 19:04 23 Jul 2004

Thanks Gareth had just started to look when my son suggested selecting everything and found a background as grey. Suppose that's what we have son's for!!

cheers
Mick

Gaz 25 03:40 25 Jul 2004

button is out of allignment! ;-)

Other than that - it now looks fine.

Micklemass 09:06 25 Jul 2004

Have just altered alignment and hope it's now OK. Buttons all looked ok this end but text was aligned left.

Mick

Forum Editor 11:57 25 Jul 2004

but I think your cancer and genetic links pages would look better without the table borders showing. A good way to display links is to use a two-column table with your text in the left column. The links (which can be the full url's) go in the right column, and removing the table borders makes everything look neat and well-presented.

Might be worth a try.

Micklemass 13:41 25 Jul 2004

Thanks FE

Have altered cancer links for now and wondered if it would be best to extend the green background down the menu side?

Also wondered about the colour of the page headings and if a deeper green would be better

Forum Editor 16:42 25 Jul 2004

don't you think? Are you planning to do the same for genetic links?

I agree that a darker green would look better - possibly the forest green that you have on the navigation arrows. If you extend this down the left-hand side you'll need to lighten the arrows so they're easy to see.

Micklemass 16:50 25 Jul 2004

Must agree it looks better and had only altered the cancer links in case it didn't work out. Now will alter the other link pages. The buttons are from Dreamweaver and not sure if I can alter the shade - any ideas. Think that was the only green.

Cheers
Mick

Gaz 25 20:24 25 Jul 2004

Umm, dont get it...

I have just text links - that you cannot click on.

Gaz 25 20:25 25 Jul 2004

Im sure you can change the colour anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?