website hosting site advice

Greengo 20:01 24 Aug 2008

I am looking to set up a website to advertise a holiday home i want to rent out. This site will have images of the villa, calender of availability and forms requesting information. I am not sure how much webspace this will require. I have made some initial inquires with different packages available. The main sticking points are how much webspace will I require and what monthly traffic will be sufficient. Any help with this matter would be much appreciated.

Forum Editor 23:45 24 Aug 2008

will not require much server space - a 20Mb package should be more than you'll need.

Monthly bandwidth consumption is also not going to be that high, even if your site gets quite a few visitors. Any decent hosting company will allow you far more than you'll actually use.

Graham. 19:48 26 Aug 2008

Do it yourself - for free click here

music4fun 15:23 05 Sep 2008

I am trying to setup a pay-to-view web site (this is for musical instrument and general music topics for education)but need advice so that I get it right 1st time. Could anyone please advise on the following:- How do I set up a "contact page" I have been warned not to use my own email address as contact. How would I set up the site so that some of it could be used as a "taster" then the person/school/company would have to register/pay to use the whole site. I am using dreamweaver so files in format html but with flash text/ video mp3 files etc. How can I guess at the amount of space needed so that I dont buy too much space and band width to start off with. Any advice re pitfalls of this type of site would be most welcome. thanks all in anticipation

mco 18:12 06 Sep 2008

Moodle or Joomla?

Forum Editor 18:52 06 Sep 2008

You've posted your question in someone else's thread - it's called hijacking.

Please re-post in a separate thread of your own - click the link that says 'start new subject' at the top of the WebDesign main page, the one that lists all the threads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?