Website Headers

mikedav 12:52 19 Sep 2006

I wanting to create a decent header for my web site - a combination of pictures, graphics and text. Can anyone recommend any (cheap) software to allow me to do this.

Also want to create/add some fancy fonts. Not just the standard one. ie. highlighted, reflections, shiny, etc. Any ideas.

I have MS Word, MS Digital Image Suite, MS Frontpage.

Thanks

ade.h 14:12 19 Sep 2006

I use PhotoImpact (c.£50) for all my grpahics creation and image manipulation; it does more than Photoshop Elements for less and can certainly handle all that you are asking. It will take you a couple of months to find all the features. A more basic free alternative is The GIMP if you fancy open-source.

However, you brought up the issue of banner content. I am bound to mention the need to think carefully about how much information/text you present in a graphical format, particularly if you reference your images in your CSS rather than in your markup. If you're anything like me, you'll be keen to do things properly, and that means seperating content and style as much as possible. CSS images cannot have alt text.

ade.h 13:46 20 Sep 2006

?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?