Website designing

Daisy22 12:29 27 Sep 2006

I've never done anything like this before but would like to have a go.

Do you need any special programmes?

Can you download a programme "free" (to start off with until I've got the hang of it) or must you have the correct software to start?

What should I know about web designing?

If anyone has any useful tips please feel free to offer them.

ade.h 12:50 27 Sep 2006

Wow, big subject, this one!

Firstly, you could click here and have a play with the free trial. It will get you used to layouts, although it will not teach you anything technical.

Get a copy of Net Objects Fusion 8 from a cover CD. Take the time to learn how to use it and post in Webdesign every time you need help. I or one of the other current or former NOF users will pick it up. If you get stuck trying to find a copy, I might be able to rustle one up for you!

If anyone says "use Dreamweaver" ignore them in the nicest possible way! Good though it is, it's not for beginners, believe me. It is also very expensive indeed.

Have you got free server space from your ISP? If not, sign up for some from another dedicated freespace provider such as Freewebs. This will get you started as you absolutely need server space for the constant testing!

Jackcoms 12:54 27 Sep 2006

Wouldn't this thread be better in the Webdesign Forum?

anchor 15:16 27 Sep 2006

Similar thread

click here

ade.h 15:50 27 Sep 2006

I can say with confidence that NOF beats Webplus, FPX, and any other free software with the possible exception of Nvu, which is not as easy to use.

Wak 13:05 29 Sep 2006

Hi, Download the FREE NVU program from click here
You can drag-and-drop items to your web site or use html if you know how to use it.
Have a play with it and you'll soon find your way around.
Wak.

Forum Editor 18:34 29 Sep 2006

from Absolute beginners

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?