Website comment

User-CB94CED6-F3AA-42E7-8A286564F5DCBC14 16:06 18 Feb 2006

I have offered as part of my training to work on the next phase of a school website. I would be interested in any comments on any aspect of the design of the existing site at click here
This will help us to decide on any changes needed as well as perhaps pointers for new facilities.
Thanks in advance.

mco 17:38 18 Feb 2006

Remember alt tags for your images and while you're at it why not change the (what I presume is a logo) either side at the top to a gif then make its background transparent so it will blend in with the blue colour of the site?

mco 17:41 18 Feb 2006

There's more but I've got to make the tea sorry! I just looked at the top of the home page

DrScott 17:46 18 Feb 2006

Well there are a couple of things I'd change - the link back to the home page is a bit inconsistent. For example, there isn't such a link from the introduction page. The address is also not really aligned with 'address'

A navigation bar is always a nice touch and not too tricky to do.

The site is built round tables, and on some pages the table borders are visible where they needn't be. For example, bottom of the 'special education needs' page.

Otherwise it does what it says on the tin. In terms of styling each to their own. I learnt using CSS layers, and I like clean lines and text, with links not underlined - but I think that's all a matter of personal choice!

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:06 19 Feb 2006

gave me spots before the eyes, so did not get very far!

I will take these comments on board and discuss them with the 'customer'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?