Website for charity

sjbell 17:43 25 Feb 2009

I have been asked by a small local charity to set up a website for them. We have decided on the domain name and we know we would want a site of about four pages and an email address. The content would mainly consist of who we are, what we do, events, contacts, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for a company to go with? Obviously being a charity, price is an important factor, but so too is reliability and ease of use (none of us have any experience of this sort of thing!). Any advice would be gratefully received.

sjbell 19:08 25 Feb 2009

Perhaps I should clarify, I was looking for a domain registration / hosting company. One of our members will be creating the website. There are so many out there from a quick search: 123-reg, 1&1, domainmonster to name but a few. It was peoples' experience of these companies I was after. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

mco 07:52 26 Feb 2009

There are many that are fine - two that are well thought of here: heartinternet and webmania. Check them out :)

sjbell 16:40 26 Feb 2009

Thanks for the advice and those company names. I'll have a look at them.

Proclaimer 22:24 26 Feb 2009

let their testimonial page speak for them...
click here
I find them to be perfect and I do mean Perfect

Proclaimer 22:32 26 Feb 2009

I just noticed this on their site too,
"Storm Internet is delighted to be able to assist you if you are a registered charity and as such is able to offer you a 50% discount off the annual price of any of our hosting packages."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires