Website - Awstats

ktheed1 13:09 18 Jun 2004

To Forum Editor: Please note that the website address posted in this post does not contain any adult material whatsoever, thankyou

Hi Members, i run this site called kissyadate.com and on my cpanel ive got this stats program called awstats and it says

From June 04

Unique visitors 275

Number of visits 498

Pages 2889

Hits 19413

Bandwidth 158.28 MB

i was wondering if someone can tell me what the difference is between Unique Visitors and Number Of Visits And Hits. As i thought they all meant the same thing, thank you

also do these stats look ok for a site,i.e low or high or average thankyou

thankyou kieron

Forum Editor 18:23 18 Jun 2004

equate to individual people, whereas pages served are just that - the number of pages served within a given period. If your site has 10 distinct pages and I visit all of them I'll be logged as one unique visitor, and there'll be 10 pages requested.

A high unique visitors figure is what you want to aim for. A figure of 275 people visiting your site in two weeks is not bad, but it's not that great either. A busy site may attract tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of unique visitors in that time.

Your site has many problems - some of the links don't work properly, you have no way of returning to the main site from your chat facility, and the thumbnail images on your homepage are awful - they're heavily distorted.

Finally.........you're displaying a statistic that shows 520 people are usaing your site to look for "sex services". That's going to deter lots of people right away, and the whole concept of your homepage is tacky - why do you allow images of scantily clad girls on a site that purports to provide a dating service? If you're serious about this you'll have to make some radical changes, or you'll bever get off the ground. Chat rooms are difficult to control, and you have far too many running at once - why do you need them anyway?

PurplePenny 19:52 18 Jun 2004

I wonder if you are still on dodgy ground with the "sex services" category. Although you have raised the age at which people can join to 16 that is still below the age of consent in Northern Ireland (where it is 17).

Penny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?