Webpage Heading - Not displaying what I want

chale 14:00 13 Jun 2008

I am using Front page 2000. My web page main heading does not display what I tell it to do. Instead it displays 'NEW page 1 Windows'. I am using Frames. Where could I be going wrong?

Kemistri 23:01 13 Jun 2008

The title tag content obviously needs to be changed to your chosen title. How you do that will depend on FP2k, which I have never used (thankfully).

By the way; I hope you don't mind me inquiring, but is this project destined for publication to the web or is it just an experiment? If this will go public, ditch the frames.

chale 23:22 13 Jun 2008

It is destined for publication. I seem to like frames apart from this draw back. Any disadvantages of frames?

Kemistri 00:11 14 Jun 2008

1. Search engine results. Search engines cannot properly and reliably index framesets and results may display without the frames. You are essentially trying to place more than one page at a single URL.

2. Potential for accessibility problems. Generally speaking, screen readers cannot handle framesets in the way in which the designer intended them to be read, so the results are non-semantic and disorienting. The most expensive assistive software, such as JAWs, is a bit better at this.

3. Unnecessarily hard to maintain and redesign. Good web design presents enough hard work as it is.

Pretty huge drawbacks, in other words.

chale 15:56 14 Jun 2008

Many, many thanks! I will abandon frames and look else where. I have noticed that when doing a search, the results are not what I expect. Thanks Forum members.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?