Webmail Provider

SURVEY 18:51 17 Nov 2007

My present ISP is Orange for Broadband. I also have a BTInternet account that I tend to access only via the web; this does hwoever require a dial-up connection at least once every 90 days to retain the email address. I have to remember to do this!

I now need a web based email account as I am running a vilage website and need a separate account. Is there a reliable web based account that does not require a dialup to maintain the email address - in other words allowing me just to access the account on the web but using my Orange Braoadband connection?

VoG II 18:56 17 Nov 2007
  johnnyrocker 19:00 17 Nov 2007

or yahoo mail?

johnny

MAJ 19:14 17 Nov 2007

Gmail, about the best in my opinion. click here

rdave13 19:22 17 Nov 2007

Another one that's good; click here

SURVEY 20:05 17 Nov 2007

Cheers all. I have set up a googlemail account now. Not sure the interface is as clean as BTYahoo and it does seem to take a long time to send messages although receiving is quick. Is this normal with googlemail?

MAJ 20:19 17 Nov 2007

Never had a problem with speed using gmail.

SURVEY 20:25 17 Nov 2007

MAJ - it now seems to be coming through OK. I also set up a Hotmail address and think I may prefer the page layout. Anyone alse got a page layout preference?

gmail for me too
not for the layout particularly but the calender,googledocs,picasa and the 4 gb free storage space are excellent.

SURVEY 21:17 17 Nov 2007

I still find that some emails are not getting through with googlemail. It started with emails to Orange - now that seems to work OK. However now it does not like sending to hotmail.com addresses. Hotmail on the other hand sends to Orange and to googlemail.

rdave13 21:30 17 Nov 2007

AOL mail has unlimited storage. Give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?