Webcam and Skype conflict. Can you help?

montydog 10:18 04 Dec 2007

HI
I use a Skype 'phone and Skype software with my computer (Win XP). I have recently installed a webcam. When I try to start the webcam I get a message saying that another program is already running and that it should be closed down. I have disconnected the Skype 'phone and closed down the software, but the message persists. Any ideas on how I get the webcam to work?
Thanks

birdface 08:07 05 Dec 2007

Googled.click here=

dms05 17:39 05 Dec 2007

I don't think the problem lies with the Skype phone or Skype software. The message you see probably means another program is using (or has preferred access to) your webcam. Even opening your webcam in Windows Explorer will be enough to stop Skype gaining access to it. Your webcam must not be in use at all.

ambra4 11:35 09 Dec 2007

Check the video setting in Skype Tools- Options- Video Setting and make sure the

“Enable Skype Video” and “Start My Video Automatic when I am in a call” is ticked

Check that the correct web cam that you are using is selected in the web cam box

Also check that the audio setting for you Skype phone is correct in the Audio Setting if it

A USB type skype phone

birdface 11:00 12 Dec 2007

Someone with the same sort of problem.click here

golfpro 08:37 14 Dec 2007

Do you have an installation CD disc for the web cam?
I have found the most web cam problems can be solved by the web cam set up in Skype tools > options > Video settings. And the CD which came with the web cam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache