webcam problem + skype

Gems_ca 18:39 01 Aug 2008

I have a Logitech QickCam Pro 9000, which came with the quickcam v11.7 software.

My daughter in England has exactly the same camera. They both work, as in that they both take photos, and we can see ourselves on screen.

We have downloaded Skpe to talk to and see each other. We tried it for the first time today.

We can hear each other, and my daughter can see me (and herself in a separate box). I can only see myself in a tiny box in the bottom left hand corner of the Skype window, but not my daughter.

Do any of you have any idea why this would be happening? I believe I have set it up properly, and in any case, I set up both cameras, so am sure they were both set up the same.

Any help will be appreciated.

Technotiger 19:06 01 Aug 2008

If at first you cannot see your daughters pic after she has activated her camera, you should left-click on the Menu within her Name section, and then go down to click on View, you will then have options how to view, this will get you started - the rest is pretty straight-forward.

Technotiger 19:16 01 Aug 2008

I should have added - your daughters pic, the options are (if I remember correctly) view in Skype main window, view in a separate Window, view Full-screen.

Gems_ca 19:22 01 Aug 2008

Thanks Technotiger.

I won't be able to try it again until Mondy (I think), so hope it will work then. If not, I will let you know and maybe you can help me out again. But - fingers crossed.#. ;o)

Technotiger 19:25 01 Aug 2008

I can just about guarantee it will work! I have the same camera (in UK) and my son in Lanzarote has the Quickcam 4000. They are both excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?