Webcam - Microphone

Ritchbee 21:22 30 Nov 2003

I have just aquired a Logitech Clicksmart 310 cam but it doesn't have a mircophone built in.
Can you buy an external one for video chat.

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers

keenan 21:53 30 Nov 2003

Yep, 'Asda' do a couple...one is just a mic for about £6 and the other is a mic/headset about £8
and works fine!

Ritchbee 22:08 30 Nov 2003

Thanks,

Just one more thing,

Were do they plug in ?.

A_World_Maker 22:32 30 Nov 2003

Sound card.... speakers.. and Mic. If they are colour coded, the 'normal' ones are Green is speakers/headphones... Pink for the Mic

Ritchbee 22:44 30 Nov 2003

Many thanks again

hvs 21:23 01 May 2004

I have a new Dell pc with the Creative Audigy 2 sound card. I have also purchased the Creative Webcam NX PRO. For some reason I cannot get the audio to work in MSN messenger. I have tried the knowledge base of Dell,Microsft and Creative labs but I cannot find an answer to the problem. Under Sounds and Audio devices properties - Sound recording -shouldn't it show either camera or Audigy 2 sound card? The camera does not show here at all, the same thing under Voice recording, the camera cannot be selected. I have a webcam on my other computer and I have checked the settings on that one and this was what I found. Maybe you have some ideas which I could try!
Thank you

hvs 21:32 01 May 2004

To those whom may answer my question. I have solved the problem! The colour on the mic cable is a sort of red colour to me, I plugged it into the red plug socket but I read the above response and decided to try the pink as well.The pink worked.
Thank you

woodchip 21:32 01 May 2004

At "pound land" clip type behind the hear £1.00

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?