Webcam

hargranules 14:43 31 Mar 2006

A friend is using windows messenger and a new logicam webcam. He is finding when he is talking there is a lot of distortion and feedback. Would he better using a seprerate mic and earpiece. At the moment the mic is installed in the webcam.

Thanks for your help

rsinbad 14:46 31 Mar 2006

use headphones to eliminate feedback through speaker

hargranules 14:48 31 Mar 2006

Will normal headphones work or should he get one with mic attached.

terryf 15:56 31 Mar 2006

I use a logitech mike and headphone combo and don't get feedback problems any more

ACOLYTE 15:58 31 Mar 2006

The feedback can somtimes be caused by net delay
if yours/his connection is not that strong to the MSN server or if a lot of people are using the server for voice/video messages.

anchor 16:23 31 Mar 2006

Similar thread

click here

Get a head-set/microphone which should solve the problem; ideally both parties should use one.

Stuartli 16:45 31 Mar 2006

If you buy a £1.50 3.5mm stereo jackplug adapter (see click here) you can run both the speakers and the headset from the sound card's speakers outplug socket.

It saves constant plugging and unplugging of the headset's jackplug.

I use my headset's volume control to turn the sound off when using speakers and vice versa.

Stuartli 16:46 31 Mar 2006

Any good audio outlet should stock these type of adapters - there's a wide range for different sized jackplugs (see click here for examples).

bruno 18:30 31 Mar 2006

If you have your mike live and are using external speakers you can get feedback.As said above headphones are the answer,then turn off your speakers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?