What program do you use to run the cam?,this will need acsess to the net.I assume it messenger then this need to have acsess,you can also run the audio/video wizard from within messenger to set it all up.
Running the Video/Audio Tuning wizard helps fix problems you have with your web camera, microphone or speaker setup.
1. From AIM Preferences, click Live Video. Click Video/Audio Tuning to start the wizard.
2. The first screen automatically detects the web camera that’s connected to your PC. If you have more than one camera installed, you could choose which one you want to work with from the drop-down list. Click Next to continue.
3. The next screen displays a video screen. Follow the instructions on the screen, and click Next to continue.
4. The next screen provides tips about microphone and speaker performance. Click Next to continue.
5. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard detects the microphone and speakers you want to use. If you have different microphones and speakers set up for your PC, you can choose which ones you want to work with from the drop-down list.
6. Click the box next to I am using headphones if that is the case, which sets up the audio to work properly with headphone sets. Click Next to continue.
7. The speaker test on the next page tests the volume and performance of your speakers. You can adjust the volume by moving the volume slide bar. Click Next to continue.
8. The microphone test screen checks the microphone for volume and performance. Once you are satisfied, click Finish to end the Video and Audio Tuning Wizard.