web statistics query

louandel 16:07 18 Feb 2006

At a time when I was having trouble with my control panel with my web hosts, I could only access part of my web statistics. So I signed up for a trial of another statistics package. What concerned me was that the two sets of statistics were very different. While my web host was reporting hits in the twenties. This other site reported two or three. However the two or rthree were ones I could verify. (i.e. friends).
Has anyone else had this problem? Is it to be expected? Could there be any reason for it?

louandel

beynac 16:12 18 Feb 2006

Is one reporting visits to the site and the other the number of times individual pages are viewed?

mco 17:35 18 Feb 2006

Was your webhost including times you viewed your site and your other statistics package (try statcounter btw; very accurate and free) didn't include you in their statistics?

louandel 18:50 18 Feb 2006

as far as I am aware both were reporting hits right accross the board as the trial site also included hits I did not know. Both have seperate sections for pages hit. I shall try statcounter (thanx) then I'll have 3 going. If this is also out of sync with the other two it maybe something we all need to question.

louandel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?