web sites

pj123 17:08 29 Jun 2003

What is a "recursive include chain" please?

Forum Editor 18:11 29 Jun 2003

is this a test pj123?

The answer is very complex, and involves the way that DNS servers work. The concept of a recursive chain is of interest to hackers, and those who try to stop them, and relates to the way that servers check forward with the next server in a chain when handling TCP/IP requests. A hacker is able to fool the next server into thinking that it's handling a request from you, when in fact it isn't.

It's all a lot more involved than that, and is generally less interesting than watching concrete set, but if you really want to know more
click here

pj123 19:09 29 Jun 2003

FE no, I didn't mean it to be a test. I have a website that should have page links at the bottom of each page. But all I get now is the message about a "recursive include chain" instead of links. The site is click here It was built with Publisher 2000 and up until today was working perfectly.

Forum Editor 19:27 29 Jun 2003

a server-side include event, and may be due to a processing error on the host server. You'll need to contact the host about this, and when you do you might like to tell them that the Microsoft error ID for this particular event is 2518

It's a rare event, but I have seen it a few times before.

You seem to be having problems with this site pj123 - are you happy with the hosting arrangements? I can recommend an excellent host if you're not.

pj123 19:33 29 Jun 2003

Thanks FE. Well I was happy with this host as I have 4 other sites hosted by them, but this one is the only one I seem to be having trouble with. I had thought it was because this site is a .com and all the others are .co.uk. The host says that shouldn't make any difference. I would be pleased to try your recommendation?

pj123 12:29 02 Jul 2003

Just had a phone call from my "host". They tell me they took this site down because some of the code was dodgy. It's now fixed, (they say) but it's not the same as when I first uploaded it. Ah well, I have now got to download it myself and amend it and then upload it again. Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?