web site for storing files and phots for others to

iqs 18:14 21 Jan 2009

Hi,

Is there a free if possible web site, where I can upload files and photos for example which others can download if I allow it ?.

We have relatives in Australia and Argentina,who we send family photos and video to.Most are to big to attach,so we send discs,expensive .

Any help is appreciated,thanks

MAJ 18:27 21 Jan 2009

Photobucket click here There are others as well, but their name has slipped my mind at the moment.

iqs 18:37 21 Jan 2009

thanks for the help MAJ,almost what I was after,I should of made my thread clearer.

When I say which others can view,I mean only those I choose,just family not the rest of the world.

Maybe something like online storage ??. Thank you for the link,if all else fails I will give Photobucket a try,cheers

^wave^ 18:38 21 Jan 2009

try flicka or google picas3 web albums

rick808 18:48 21 Jan 2009

You cna setup a private account on photobucket and onlnly those with a password can see them - click here

VoG II 18:48 21 Jan 2009
  MAJ 18:53 21 Jan 2009

"When I say which others can view,I mean only those I choose,just family not the rest of the world."

That's what I thought you meant, iqs, as far as I know you can keep them private and only share with those you want.

Photobox click here is another, I forgot I had a free account with them.

lotvic 19:02 21 Jan 2009

Global Message Exchange can do what you are wanting.
In the Web Office part - File Storage
"Send an e-mail to invite friends to your GMX File Storage:
* Share folders
* For a predefined time span or without any time limit
* Full control over who can see which contents for how long"

It's free and reliable and very easy to use click here

iqs 19:04 21 Jan 2009

Thank you all for the advice and links,I will give all of them ago this evening,I'm sure one will fit my needs,once again many thanks

MAJ 19:26 21 Jan 2009

Another way to share the photos and videos, iqs, if you don't fancy of the above, is to use an FTP Server. I have done it before and it works well. What happens is that the files are stored on a folder on your PC and your relatives connect to that folder over the internet, they can then download the files directly from your folder. Here's a tutorial on how to do it, if you're interested. click here

iqs 22:47 21 Jan 2009

thanks for the suggestion,because its for family only that may be the answer,will have a read,thanks again for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?