Web site slow to load

rob3600 13:24 23 Aug 2008

I am designing a web site with my son the IT wizzard. He talked me into going with weycrest and my site is click here what I am asking is can someone tell me why it takes so long to load? My son says it is because I am not paying a monthly fee, however I started my site with office live and there wass no slowness in this loading. From my own web use if a site takes a long time to load I ignore it and go somewhere else, I do not what this to be the case with my site.

rob3600 14:42 23 Aug 2008

Thanks for that reply as my son appears to get into a 'mood' when challenged over this and the 'i am right attitude' is it possible for you to tell me in layman terms how to change it all, thanking you in anticipation

Eric10 21:35 23 Aug 2008

As a test I downloaded your Home page and your style sheets. It took quite a long time to get the style sheets from your site. I then replicated your site structure and ran it from my hard drive. I had to change the paths to the style sheets by removing the preceding '/' because it was running from a folder rather than the root but other than that it was unchanged. It opened very quickly. Next I uploaded it in a folder to my free Tiscali web space. It snapped open in my browser so your son could quite well be right.
Does your ISP provide any free web space so you can test it yourself?
Finally I have now removed it from my web space.

Eric10 21:43 23 Aug 2008

When I say that I didn't change your code I don't mean to imply that fourm member isn't correct in the way you should use @import if you want to stick with that. It's just that I wanted to see if your site opened quickly as it is rather than because of any changes I might have made.

rob3600 21:49 23 Aug 2008

Thats fine Eric10 thanks very much. I will see if my ISP does provide free web space. To be honest its all double dutch to me, I will have to wait until my sons ego has come back to earth. Unfortunately I have to fly to Ireland tomorrow due to mums health problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?