web site design

madPentium 19:33 05 Nov 2003

I was thinking of making a web site and thought about using frames in the home page cause it seemed to look easier for moving blocks of data around and just having one section change its contents.
I mentioned this to someone and he laughed saying that frames was 1996 ideas and is no longer used. Is this true and if so, what is used now. I was too embarrassed to ask him :)

smudge1927 19:34 05 Nov 2003

Frames are still used today but think about floating menus

powerless 19:40 05 Nov 2003
  Pesala 21:50 05 Nov 2003

I compeletely redesigned my website click here to get rid of frames following advice given on the Web Design forum. The site now loads a lot quicker, but is just as easy to navigate thanks to the drop down Go menus, like we have on this to switch between the Help Room, Web Design, Consumer Watch, and My Postings.

Which web program do you intend to use? As Powerless suggests, try posting again on the Web Design Forum.

tenplus1 21:55 05 Nov 2003

There's nothing wrong with using Frames, it all depends what is easier for you when designing your webpage...

All browsers support Frames and iFrames and it does help by breaking your website into easier to handle chunks...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?