web site creation

Blubottle 10:43 11 Jan 2006

I would like to create my first website,can anyone suggest books which include examples,I have been reading a HTML based book and I have installed Nvu a web authoring program but what I really need is a How to use it book,
regards

SANTOS7 12:23 11 Jan 2006

My advice would be to go to some good bookstores and look first hand at what there is on offer, they will all have diferent styles of displaying and explaining their contents.
By looking at them you can decide which suites you best and if they cover exactly what you need.
Good luck with your venture and give my regards to the rest of the "goons" (sorry).........

PurplePenny 21:07 11 Jan 2006

There don't seem to be any books about Nvu and the help that comes with it is no help at all.

There is an Nvu Tutorial that you can download: click here

Nvu has a dedicated forum where you can ask questions about using it: click here

Two Nvu 'how to' demos: click here

But I'd suggest that you just play around with it and you will soon get the hang of what is going on. If you want to get to know HTML as well you can click on the HTML tab in Nvu and take a look at what it has written.

PurplePenny 21:10 11 Jan 2006

If what you want is just HTML examples take a look at W3Schools: click here

Their examples are interactive: you change the code and see what happens. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone