Web pages slow in loading after installing Mcafee

NO.6 21:06 23 Jan 2007

I am on AOL and since installing the new Mcafee security suite(2007) all the web pages take about 5 minutes to load. I have run spyware and virus scans and everything is fine. I never had this problem before (I was on Mcafee 2005) and I have not changed anything on my laptop at all. Any ideas this is really a pain in the a**!

Woolwell 21:16 23 Jan 2007

It is McAfee. I've had this problem on 3 PC's. Turn off anti-phishing - open SecurityCenter - click on Internet & Network - click on configure and disable anti-phishing. This should speed up your browsing.

There is quite a lot about this on the McAfee forums.

NO.6 00:04 24 Jan 2007

Done that' still the same.......But I have noticed that if I use Firefox the web pages load quicker. I thought AOL and Mcafee had some kind of deal where their stuff would work with each other!!!

terryf 00:06 24 Jan 2007

Chuck Mcafee away and use AVG + Firefox

Woolwell 00:20 24 Jan 2007

click here

My snags were with IE7/IE6 and McAfee not with AOL and McAfee. It would seem that you have to turn off privacy service and spam killer.

I have used McAfee for years but the 2007 product has been poor in my opinion and I doubt if I will renew and instead will look elsewhere.

NO.6 01:07 24 Jan 2007

Me too........the 2005 edition worked well (if it aint broke don't fix it!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?