Web pages not full screen can you help please??

joostin 06:33 23 Jul 2008

Hi guys can you please help.Over the past 24 hours when i log on to net home page is fine but then click a link example to open my mail on msn messenger the next screen is the half the size and i have to click on full screen in right hand top corner to make it full screen?.Is there a default setting i can click to make links goto full screen size as before please find this annoying and a pain
Thanks
Just x

Technotiger 07:02 23 Jul 2008

Instead of clicking on top-right corner, hover over edge of page and when the double-headed arrow appears drag the page to whatever size you like - the next time you open a page it should be at your chosen size.

joostin 07:29 23 Jul 2008

Thanks Techon just did that on my MSN mail homepage and works but then when back to google went on another site pressed a link and smaller screen again?? this never happened before always went to full screen.Must be a default for web pages??

Technotiger 08:16 23 Jul 2008

Yes, I think there is a default size for web pages, for instance I use a 22" wide-screen monitor, if I click on the small square to make the pages full-screen I end up with huge margins either side of the page.

Your screen resolution settings might also have something to do with it. My screen resolution is 1680x1050.

Technotiger 08:18 23 Jul 2008

Set one of your Google pages as per your MSN home page - I think this should affect all Google pages after that.

Simsy 08:32 23 Jul 2008

You say, "when i log on to net home page is fine"... I'm assuming this page is maximised?

If that's correct do the following;

Restorethe maximised window to a "normal" one, using the button next to the "x".

Drag this window to the size you want.

Maximise the window again.

Windows that open via a link from the main page should now open to the size you dragged it to.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Simsy

joostin 10:13 24 Jul 2008

Job done so far simsy that has worked thank you cant understand why when i click links it changed to half screen not maximised in the first place?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?