web pages keep being redirected

charlton200 19:08 22 Jan 2010

Hello

Recently web-pages I visit are occasionally being redirected to other websites. This is even happening on banking websites.
I have run all these programs: panda security, supperantispyware,spybot,malwarebytes,spyware terminater and other.

Have you any idea why this is happening and how i can stop it please.

Thanks in advance.

GaT7 19:14 22 Jan 2010

Run HijackThis (HT) click here, & post the resultant log in a dedicated HT forum like click here (more related forums at click here - see left column). They may ask you to run other programs as well.

You can also do a quick DIY HT analysis via click here. Do NOT manually remove anything on your own - ask for help on one of those forums. All the best with it. G

charlton200 19:27 22 Jan 2010

What is an HT analysis? please

charlton200 20:06 22 Jan 2010

Sorry- and also where do I find the logfile.

Thank you

divisionbella 21:26 22 Jan 2010

thats a redirect spyware you got in your PC, you need to install spybot S&D to clean this spyware.
go here and download spybot, click here make sure you update it first, then amunize then scan.

charlton200 08:18 23 Jan 2010

Done the immunize and scan but web pages are still being redirected. Especially in google search.

Does anyone know I find my logfile please?

Les28 11:07 23 Jan 2010

Have you tried a malwarebytes MBAM scan in safe mode?

The HJT log file creation is explained here in the second question if you click on Feedback and FAQ's

click here

Sea Urchin 11:25 23 Jan 2010

You need to follow Crossbow7's suggestion posted at 19.14 on Friday.

Download and run HijackThis (from his first link) and this will produce the log file.

You then submit (post) that log to a HikackThis forum (his second link) and wait for them to come back with their analysis and suggestions. In the meantime you should not remove anything yourself, or the log will be inaccurate.

HT stands for HijackThis.

birdface 11:47 23 Jan 2010

Like les28 says have you run Malwarebytes in safe mode.[Just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.]

If you have Messenger Plus downloaded on to your computer remove it and see if things improve.
Maybe a corrupt host file.
Maybe download the latest Host File from Here.

click here

Les28 12:04 23 Jan 2010

I should have pointed out as explained by Sea Urchin that once you submit a HJT log you only follow advice from the experts on the site you've posted the HJT log to, follow their instructions only and not ideas or suggestions from other forums or your own ideas etc.

My suggestion of running MBAM in safe mode I should have made clearer, was only an idea to be tried before creating a HJT log, as safe mode scans can sometimes work better than normal mode scans, if you don't feel like trying the safe mode scan I'd follow Crossbow 7's idea and go with a HJT log only.

I've just seen buteman's post, maybe worth having a look at your Hosts file, however until any malware is removed it's possible a new hosts file would be corrupted again, you have already ran Spybots Immunizer? also have you deleted your temporary internet files and your index.dat using Ccleaner?

Les28 13:07 23 Jan 2010

You never mentioned what browser you are using, Internet Explorer? and what Home Page you have the browser set for. I have Google as my home page but didn't like the Google Auto Complete helper so I've made this my Google start page now with no helper

click here

I also don't have Internet Explorers Auto Complete running either.

If it's Internet Explorer have you tried opening it without Add-ons?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017