web pages and emails won't open .

mac75 19:33 28 Jul 2006

can anyone help with this problem.
about a week ago i put a multi-session cd in my pc to add some files using nero 6, but the disc looked empty to nero. when i used win explorer i could see and use the files.i then went on the internet to see if i had any emails, the web page didn't open although i had a connection to my isp(orange.com) and my emails in outlook express didn't open either.i'm using windows ME.
has anyone had this sort of problem before.

jim.

Jak_1 20:05 28 Jul 2006

After the connection problems of last weekend I still have one web address that I can not access. All others are fine. What email client are you using?

:ots of peeps were having all sorts of problems with conections last weekend.

mac75 20:09 28 Jul 2006

hi Jak_1,

i'm using outlook express.

Jak_1 20:26 28 Jul 2006

What's the state of afairs now, fo you have outlook express connecting yet?

mac75 20:32 28 Jul 2006

hi Jak_1,

i'm on a different pc at the moment,but i was getting on to the net but web pages and emails will not open on the other pc.

Jak_1 21:23 28 Jul 2006

Check internet properties:

Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs

Check that Outlook Express is the default Browser for email and has nor been altered.

skidzy 21:50 28 Jul 2006

click here This may help

mac75 22:16 28 Jul 2006

sorry for being so long in replying, had to go out for a while. Jak_1 and skidzy thanks for the input i hope it helps,but i'll have to go offline and connect the other pc up,so i'll be back later and let you know the result. thanks just no.

jim.

mac75 22:18 28 Jul 2006

that last part should read just now.

mac75 23:13 28 Jul 2006

Jak_1 and skidzy,

checked that OE was my default browser, downloaded iefix and ran it,web pages opened but not emails. i tried to respond to this thread but it came up saying it could not find server. thanks for your help, much appreciated. i'm going offline now as i have to get up early. if you have any other ideas i'll be back after lunch tomorrow.

goodnight from jim.

skidzy 08:42 29 Jul 2006

click here
Also may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?