Web page title..how do i

mikegm7 15:20 19 Feb 2006

I am presently having a go at putting together a web page. It is purely playing at the moment!
I want the business heading to have a drop shadow.(am using ms publisher just to get a feel)
For the heading I am using Paint Shop Pro 7. What format would I need to save the heading in, and how would I transfer it to publisher or any other web design software? Or is there an easier way?
Thanks in advance

ade.h 15:49 19 Feb 2006

If by heading, you actually mean a banner, save it as a gif or a jpeg depending on the colours/res/etc. Gifs support only basic colours but are smaller, of course, so will load more quickly.

mco 20:57 19 Feb 2006

that serifwebplus is a lot like publisher and you can download version 6 for free click here
so you've nothing to lose by giving it a try and then you'd have a 'real'wysiwyg design package

mco 20:59 19 Feb 2006

from when I last used it last year it will do your drop shadow stuff and any other stuff you might want very simply for you

Forum Editor 23:26 19 Feb 2006

It would be best - in my opinion - to leave Publisher alone when it comes to site design. It's a great Desk-top-publishing program (I use it for that myself), but it makes heavy weather of web-sites, and will limit your capabilities. That isn't a condemnation of Publisher as an application, but a personal opinion of its web capabilities, based on experience.

Try a dedicated WYSIWYG web-design package like the one suggested by mco - it will get you going, and later, when you've gained some experience you can try something else.

mikegm7 09:28 20 Feb 2006

No, I will not be using publisher,had no intention to. I was more concerned with the best way to make the heading using a drop shadow and how to save it and transfer to the web page. Will Probably use Fusion 9.
Thanks again.

mco 12:22 20 Feb 2006

yes! A growing band of fans!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?