Web page shrunk in IE8

RGB76 18:52 08 Mar 2010

Hello All,
I was using a netbook for the first time with windows starter 7, I had IE8 open and somehow I have shrunk the web page in from the sides, I can`t find out how to get it back, and being on the small screen does not help me.
Can anyone please tell me how to put this right, the web page seems the right length it`s just the width that has gone wrong.

Mant thanks

Russell

Technotiger 19:07 08 Mar 2010

Expand the page with the icon next to the red cross in the top right-hand corner, then hover mouse cursor over left or right edge of page to see double-headed arrow, hold down mouse button to move the edge of the page to the required size.

Technotiger 19:10 08 Mar 2010

PS - sorry, I left out a little bit .... Expand the page, and then Shrink the page, then hover mouse etc .....

RGB76 19:17 08 Mar 2010

Hi Technotiger
I`m sorry if I didn`t make my thread clear, it isn`t IE8 thats shrunk , its the web pages that are inside it, I know how to do what you say but that does not seem possible with the web pages, Theres no way to pickup the sides of the pages to expand them out to the edges of IE8.

Many Thank

Russell

SJM_81 19:22 08 Mar 2010

I don't follow. Can you post a pic of the web page here?

Technotiger 19:25 08 Mar 2010

It is the web-pages (or the Browser pages) that I was referring to, not the whole screen. You do not necessarily need to expand the pages to the edges of IE8, or in other words, to the edges of your screen.

When the Browser page is shrunk, you should see the double-headed arrow on the edge, when hovering with the mouse.

SJM_81 19:29 08 Mar 2010

"It is the web-pages (or the Browser pages) that I was referring to, not the whole screen. You do not necessarily need to expand the pages to the edges of IE8, or in other words, to the edges of your screen.

When the Browser page is shrunk, you should see the double-headed arrow on the edge, when hovering with the mouse."

I don't think that is his prob as clicking the fit next to the red cross auto fits the page?

Technotiger 19:29 08 Mar 2010

For example, this is my own screen, showing web-page (Firefox) on screen ...

click here

Click on pic to enlarge.

Technotiger 19:37 08 Mar 2010

And this is mine - expanded ...

click here

Technotiger 19:39 08 Mar 2010

Expanded, Firefox fills my whole screen!

SJM_81 19:43 08 Mar 2010

try pressing control and the + plus key in FireFox. Is this what you mean?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?